Wednesday 4 May 2011

Putting the Wheel in Stern Wheeler

Firstly apologies for the brevity of my last post - I could not resist the temptation and it gave me a chuckle after what has been a pretty trying week or so. I have been suffering with a horrible, dry, hacking chesty cough that has been very wearing and so I have not been sleeping very well. As I am sure you probably know that after a few days of continual coughing everything from the waist up aches abominably which is even worse. I shall  be taking the day off work tomorrow as I am attending a funeral on Friday and wanted to be in better fettle than I have been.

Meanwhile, back on the modelling tray....

Courtesy of Screw Fix the DIY suppliers I am now the proud owner of a bag of 100 10 x 40mm Precision multi groove dowel pins (costing £3.20) which I have a very special use for. When trimmed to the correct size for the model in question (an inch) and filed so they cannot roll about they are just about the right size for the stern wheel of a stern wheeled paddle steamer. This is what I shall be using for the ACW river collection and construction of the remaining models. The only problem (well not really a problem as such) is that there are an awful lot of stern wheelers on the river and somehow I think that two may not be enough....

No comments: